Welcome to ECCE! Here is a check list to get you started on using the ECCE software.
- Software help and discussion chat via BNL MatterMost chat
- The mattermost Fun4All-ECCE channel: https://chat.sdcc.bnl.gov/eic/channels/fun4all-ecce
- There are many other Fun4All topical channels under the EIC team too.
- If you do not have a BNL account, please email Jin Huang firstname.lastname@example.org to get a direct invitation
- ECCE email lists, for example
Using ECCE software builds
ECCE software are build daily and distributed over OpenScienceGrid via ECCE container. Using the containerized software builds ensure reproducibility and a binary consistency for studies.
Load software container
Get started wtih using the software builds. That includes three options:
- If you use BNL RCF (for any experiment account), please jump this step as you can directly use the ECCE software
- If you have access to a scientific computing center that supports OpenScienceGrid CVMFS, such as at Jlab or CERN, please directly load the ECCE container distributed over OpenScienceGrid CVMFS: example at JLab
- If you plan to use on local computers, please check out options of using ECCE container.
Source the environment
This source command setup the environmental variables that enable the use of the lastest build of the ECCE software
source /cvmfs/eic.opensciencegrid.org/ecce/gcc-8.3/opt/fun4all/core/bin/ecce_setup.sh -n # setup environment of newest build
Note, for csh users, please use
The ECCE software are pulled from GitHub daily, built and distributed over CVMFS. They are located at
$OFFLINE_MAIN, which becomes available after the above source.
There are also weekly archival build of the ECCE software, which are for reproducing past studies, e.g. ana.
source /cvmfs/eic.opensciencegrid.org/ecce/gcc-8.3/opt/fun4all/core/bin/ecce_setup.sh -n ana.2 # setup environment of ana.2 build on Apr 4 2021
You may also take advantage of the local setup script that sets up your environment with an install directory, if you will be developing analysis packages locally. To do this, create an install directory and source the
setup_local script with it:
cd $HOME mkdir ecceInstall export MYINSTALL=$HOME/ecceInstall source /cvmfs/eic.opensciencegrid.org/ecce/gcc-8.3/opt/fun4all/core/bin/setup_local.sh $MYINSTALL
Get started with ECCE software
Follow a recent tutorial on simulation.
- 10-min tutorials for
- Check out the tutorials.
- Mar-2021 ECCE software workshop - the most recent software workshop with video recording.
I still have questions, what shall I do?
You are all set to start using ECCE software! If you have question, please feel free to send your question or suggestions here: